Welcome

My name is Lisa Tsakos, Registered Holistic Nutritional Consultant, corporate speaker and author. This blog provides professional advice from a nutrition and weight loss expert (me!) about corporate and family health. Here you'll find recipes and articles that address work-related challenges like eating on-the-go and maximizing your productivity with the right foods. You'll also find out about how you can help your children develop strong immune systems and healthy bodies. As a nutrition instructor, I often found myself thinking, "When I have kids, this is how I will feed them." With two toddlers, I have the opportunity to practice what I have been preaching and to try out my theories. So far, they seem to be working! Follow me on my journey and also on Twitter @NuVitalityHW.

21 Apr 2014

Interview with 'Slimming Meals That Heal' Author Julie Daniluk

My long time friend and colleague, Julie Daniluk, has just released her second book, Slimming Meals That Heal. Julie and I go way (way...) back. She is a brilliant nutritionist, fun to be with, and a wonderful human being through and through. I'm very proud of her and learned a lot from our talk. (Try not to notice that most of my sentences begin with "Wow!")

Julie generously spent some time on the phone with me discussing her book, the latest research about how inflammation drives obesity and vice versa, and her own personal journey towards health. 

During our 40 minute call, Julie explains how inflammation drives weight gain - and vice versa. We discuss how common allergens, like wheat, sugar, corn, soy and more trigger stress hormones that cause inflammation. Julie also provides fantastic tips for eating-on-the-go and some great after school snack suggestions for kids.

Whether you suffer from inflammation or not, it's worth listening to this interview! While I frantically tried to take notes, I gave up halfway through. There was too much info to keep up! Plug in your speakers, click on the red & white arrow at the top of the page and get ready to look at food and the extra 10 pounds on your belly from a whole different angle. 


About Julie:
Nutritionist Julie Daniluk, RHN hosts Healthy Gourmet on the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN), a reality cooking show that looks at the ongoing battle between taste and nutrition. Her award-winning bestseller, Meals That Heal Inflammation, has helped over 100,000 people enjoy allergy-free foods that taste great and assist the body in the healing process. Her new book, Slimming Meals That Heal, explores why inflammation causes weight gain and how anti-inflammatory superfoods shed pounds without dieting. Julie has appeared on hundreds of television and radio shows including The Dr. Oz Show and is a resident expert for The Marilyn Denis Show and Reader’s Digest. 


Find amazing recipes (including the Fruit 'Fundue' with Coconut Caramel Sauce recipe that Julie mentions in the interview), nutrition tips, and her Anti-Inflammatory Quick Start Program at www.juliedaniluk.com. Connect with Julie on Facebook at Julie Daniluk Nutrition and on Instagram and Twitter @juliedaniluk.

No comments:

Post a Comment